Forest Lakes Estates, AZ, United States
★3BR A-frame Cabin in Forest/by Trails and Lakes★
• Super cozy 2-story cabin in forest
• Ideal family or friends’ getaway – bring your pets
• 17 miles from nearest town
• Location is accessible all year round
• Easy access to lakes for trout fishing
• Off-road car trails and hiking nearby
• Private porch
• Open concept living/dining/kitchen area
• Downstairs bathroom with tub & shower combo
• Shared outside area with firepit and horseshoes game
• Parking for 2 vehicles
• Book an unforgettable escape from it all today
Rustic Rim is the closest 7000 foot elevation vacation spot to the Phoenix Metro area. Temperatures are typically 30 to 40 degrees cooler than Phoenix.
If you’re looking to experience a quiet and scenic family break or friends’ vacation in a quality and cozy A-frame cabin, this is your ideal choice.
The cabin is located in the Rustic Rim Hideaway on the Mogollon Rim of Northeastern Arizona. Open the back door of the cabin and there’s the Sitegreaves National Forest all around you, with thousands of acres to explore.
There’s some great fishing to be had close by too, with Woods Canyon Lake, Willow Springs Lake and other trout lakes within easy reach. And you get to choose from hundreds of miles of off-road trails with most dirt roads accessible by car.
Stay here to enjoy cooler summers than you’d expect in Arizona, and snowy winters.
Some nearby restaurants worth checking out any time of year include the 260 Roadhouse - great for burgers, pizzas, live music, local craft brews and The Friday Fish Fry. Another local favorite is The Creekside Steakhouse & Tavern in Christopher Creek featuring gourmet burgers, craft tacos as well as beer, wines and cocktails.
Despite being in a rural location, the cabin is accessible all year round as it’s located closest out of all the cabins in the area to well-maintained roads and the highway. If you’re visiting in winter, an all-wheel or 4-wheel drive is recommended. Always check with the Department of Public Safety (DPS) as to whether or not chains might be required when is snowing. You may not need them to visit Rustic Rim, but you could possibly need them to return home!
Once you’re here, as well as driving (there are plenty of off-road trails to explore) you can get around by walking or using your bikes, or just chill out in and around the cabin. It’s up to you!
Home away from home doesn’t get more cozy than this. A knotty-pine A-frame style cabin in the forest surrounded by pines, with a master bedroom downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs and plenty of room to make up to 6 guests feel right at home.
Whatever time of year you visit, if you are looking to properly escape from it all and connect with nature, this is the place to do it. The cabin complex is located 17 miles from the nearest town, and this cabin features a carpeted interior with a real fireplace. Let’s take a look around:
OPEN CONCEPT LIVING / DINING / KITCHEN AREA
The living area features comfy seating and a cozy flagstone hearth fireplace you can fire up when the weather calls for it. It’s a good idea to bring firewood with you as local supplies can sometimes run low during busy holiday periods and at weekends. But whatever time of year you’re here, you can take your place by the TV (which has a DirecTV satellite service) and get ready for a movie night or Netflix streaming session.
Close by is your kitchen and dining area. Discover all the appliances and cookware you need to make preparing snacks and meals for yourselves really easy. There’s plenty of space to store your favorite drinks and food in the cabinets and refrigerator with freezer. And you’ll enjoy not having far to carry the plates to the dining table where you can all sit and enjoy your food. Or maybe take it outside to eat using the patio table and chairs - it’s up to you.
This is located on the downstairs level of the cabin and features a bath/shower combo, so you get to choose how you freshen up ahead of each new day. Your hosts will ensure quality fresh towels are waiting for all guests.
THE 3 BEDROOMS
On the main level is the master bedroom with a queen size bed. Head upstairs to discover the cabin’s 2 equally cozy bedrooms. At the front is the main bedroom with a delightfully presented and totally comfortable queen bed in a room that gives you plenty of storage space for your belongings. At the back of the cabin, the second bedroom features two twin-size single beds, in a room that’s ideal for younger guests. Expect all beds to have puffed up pillows and quality linens plus blankets too. But please note if you’re bringing your pets, you’ll need to bring your own blankets.
There’s plenty to enjoy outside of the cabin in your private acre of land. The front porch gives you a covered place in which to relax and take in your calm and serene surroundings. And of course there’s a gas grill BBQ you can use to prepare delicious food in the great outdoors. Your hosts will provide the charcoal and lighter fluid, so there’s no need to bring or buy that.
There’s also a common outside space shared with guests staying in other cabins in the area. This features a seasonal horseshoe game set and a fire pit you can sit around to chat or maybe read that book you keep meaning to finish.
There’s room for 2 vehicles outside the cabin, giving you just a short distance to carry or wheel your bags when you arrive/depart.
Directions from Phoenix: Follow Route 87 from Mesa or Fountain Hills to Payson. Take State Route 260 East towards Show Low. Go about 36 miles . At the reduced speed sign (50 Mph) you will see the sign for Forest Lakes. Approximately .8 miles ahead is the turn for Mule Springs Road (milepost 289.5). Turn left onto Mule Springs. Go slow and look for the three cabins in the Cul de Sac on the right. Use 793 Bills Loop Road 85931 in your GPS and it should automatically bring you to us. You can always call if you get lost!!!
You’re welcome to bring your dog as long as it weighs less than 40 pounds. Please note that there’s an additional per night fee for bringing your pet. Sorry no cats, birds, snakes, alligators, lizards or Koalas.
Guests must bring blankets to cover surfaces where the pet might sit or lay. Only dogs allowed. No other pets.
* Check-in: 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
* Check-out: 11:00 AM
* Self check-in with keypad
* No smoking inside Cabins
* No Parties or events
* No campfires after 11:00 PM per Forest Service
* Dogs allowed.
Welcome to Rustic Rim Hideaway. Following are the Rental Conditions and Terms for Use.
By his/her electronic acceptance, the RENTER acknowledges that he/she has read and understood the following terms and agrees to same.
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS – Rustic Rim Hideaway (RRH), is owned and operated by GCG Investments LLC, an Arizona company, offering real property vacation rentals to persons seeking to rent accommodations for short term vacations. RENTER acknowledges that Rustic Rim Hideaway is not wheelchair or handicapped accessible.
2. RENT – Unless otherwise indicated on the Vacation Rental Agreement, a one half (1/2) deposit of the total amount of the stay shall be received before the reservation is made, with the balance of the rent paid in full before the booking is confirmed (usually within 72 hours of the arrival date). Rustic Rim will provide customer with written confirmation of the booking one the final payment is received.
3. ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE – Unless other arrangements have been made in advance with RRH, occupancy commences at 3:00 PM on the arrival date and terminates at 11:00 AM on the departure date. Early check-ins can be arranged as long as the cleaning crew has finished their work, not while they are still working.
4. USE OF PREMISES – RENTER agrees to occupy the Premises peacefully and abide by customary standards of acceptable behavior. Renter is responsible for appropriate and decent behavior of his/her accompanying parties. RENTER is responsible for leaving the Premises in undamaged condition.
5. FIRE RESTRICTIONS – Fires are not uncommon in Coconino County. Please check local fire restrictions prior to using the grill or fire pit Check the County and locally with the Forest Lakes fire department. County - https://www.coconino.az.gov/firerestrictions Forest Lakes Fire District - https://flfdaz.com/fire-danger
6. SMOKING – Smoking is not permitted inside the cabins. Ashtrays are provided with butt cans to be used on the porch or near the campfire. Arizona is prone to wild fires, so please only dispose of butts and ashes in the metal ash can by the front of the cabin. While smoking please keep the front door and front window in the Living room and upper bedroom closed.
7. PETS – We love hosting pets that qualify. No cats or pets other than dogs. Please bring blankets to cover surfaces where your dog might sit or lay. Additional fees apply for your pet. Please see pricing.
8. NO EVENT/PARTY POLICY - No events, gatherings, loud celebrations, parties or other private events with amplified music (collectively “events”) are allowed on the property at any time. Holding an event is considered an abuse and breach of this Agreement and cause for immediate termination of occupancy. Only the named registered guests listed on page 1 of this Agreement are allowed on the property. Neighborhood quiet hours outdoors are strictly enforced between 11pm-8am.
9. TRASH – Please collect all trash in the cabin and put into the plastic trash bags. Upon checkout, place the bags into the large metal trash can by the front deck.
10. IN THE WINTER: During the winter months, 4-wheel drive may be required to reach the cabin. The area roads are routinely plowed, and snow will be cleared around once per snowfall from key areas at the cabin, though we are not able to know exactly what time this will be. Please use caution and make wise travel decisions. We are not nearby to assist you if you are stuck in the snow. No alterations will be made to the cancelation policy due to the weather.
RESERVATION-GUARANTEE DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, unless the nights are subsequently re-booked.
The sooner you can cancel, the better chance we have to refund.
No refunds if we are not able to rebook your cabin.
15% charge on any reservation cancellations refunds.
Sorry, reservation dates are not transferable.