If you plan on spending a weekend or weeks in a cabin in the woods and are worried about the food options, prepare beforehand. While the cabin will have all kitchen amenities, you may only get a few basic ingredients. Stay healthy, prevent bloating, and ensure your family is well-fed with healthy recipes you can easily make in your cabin kitchen.
Here are some of the best healthy cabin recipes that are quick and easy to make:
● Olive oil (2 tbsp)
● Butter (2 tbsp)
● A bag of cauliflower gnocchi (frozen – 12 ounces)
● Dried sage ( tbs)
● White beans (15 ounces)
● Water (1 tbs)
● Salt (1 tsp)
● Ground pepper (1/4 tsp)
● Baby arugula (4 cups)
● Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
● Toss in the cauliflower gnocchi and cook for five minutes or till it turns brown.
● Add sage, beans, and water.
● Cover the skillet and simmer until the gnocchi and beans turn hot. This should take at most five minutes.
● Season with some salt and pepper and serve with the arugula.
● Baby spinach (roughly chopped – 5 ounces)
● Whole-wheat spaghetti (8 ounces)
● Onions (thinly sliced – ½ cup)
● Sun-dried tomatoes (slivered – ½ cup) Use a tbsp of oil from the jar
● Garlic(3 cloves – minced)
● Red pepper (crushed – ¼ tsp)
● Salt (1/4 tsp)
● Ground pepper (1/4 tsp)
● Sour cream (1/2 cup)
● Vegetable or chicken broth (1 cup)
● Unsalted butter (1 tbs)
● Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
● Fill a large colander with the spinach and place it in the sink.
● Bowl a saucepan of water over high heat for the spaghetti and cook as per directions.
● Drain the pasta over the spinach in the colander and toss it to make the vegetable wilt.
● Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sundried tomatoes and cook until soft.
● Increase the heat to medium-high before adding the broth.
● Cook and still till the broth is reduced by about half.
● Add the sour cream, butter, and parmesan cheese and stir.
● Add the spinach and spaghetti to the skillet and toss to coat it well.
● Beans (1 can)
● Lean ground beef (a pound)
● Chips (crushed tortilla chips)
● Taco seasoning
● Shredded iceberg lettuce
● Toppings (cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, and tomatoes). Feel free to add other toppings such as onions, black beans, olives, corn, etc.)
● Dressing (store-bought as per your choice).
● Cook the beef till it turns brown
● Add in the beans, seasoning, and the dressing
● Crush the tortilla chips and place them in a bowl
● Top the chips with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes, and mix in the beef.
● Top with sour cream and salsa, and enjoy!
A cabin vacation is just what you need to recharge yourself after a tough year. Book a fully furnished one at Rim Hideaway today! Enjoy a romantic getaway or fun with the whole family at our facility. Contact us to book your slots and cabin.